We went back to the extremely popular Western Lake Chinese Seafood Restaurant to see if they still had the best dim sum in town.
After about a hour wait, we were seated. Extremely busy during brunch and lunch.
What We Ordered
Rice Flour Rolls in Hot Pot with Beef Offals
– Chewy textures of assorted organs like tripe and rice roll. Yum.
Steamed Shrimp Dumplings
– AMAZING! Massive portion of shrimp
Eggplant with Shrimp Paste
– SO GOOD! Nice portion of eggplant and chewy shrimp paste.
Chicken Wings with fried garlic
– Nice chicken wings. Not the meatiest or most flavorful, but still good and the fried garlic slices are good.
Steamed Shiu-Mai Dumplings
Pan Fried Chive Dumplings
Steamed Rice with Pork Toro & Salted Fish
– Nice hotpot of rice, meat. No many pieces of salted fish.
Large Dim Sum portion size. Good prices.
Very good, hot, fresh.
Friendly. Slow during brunch, lunch time.
Good price, good food. The Best Dim Sum in Vancouver.
Get there early to avoid a long wait.
Address: 4989 Victoria Dr,
Vancouver, BC V5P 3T7